- An arrhythmia (Greek a-, loss + rhythmos, rhythm = loss of rhythm) is a problem with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat. This can mean that the heart is beating too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern (1). Arrhythmias can cause a broad range of symptoms, from barely noticeable to cardiovascular collapse and death (2). Several cardiac arrhythmia syndromes are now known to have a genetic basis caused by mutations in genes primarily encoding ion channels (3). Genetic tests can be used to help determine the correct diagnosis and the best treatment for an individual, and also whether any related family members have inherited the condition (4).
- Genes (101): ABCC9, ACTC1, ACTN2, AKAP9, ANK2, ANKRD1, CACNA1C, CACNA2D1, CACNB2, CALM1, CASQ2, CAV3, CORIN, COX15, CPT1A, CSRP3, CTF1, CTNNA3, DES, DMD, DPP6, DSC2, DSG2, DSP, DTNA, EMD, EYA4, FKRP, FKTN, FXN, GAA, GJA5, GLA, GPD1L, GYG1, HCN4, ILK, JPH2, JUP, KCNA5, KCND3, KCNE1, KCNE2, KCNE3, KCNH2, KCNJ2, KCNJ5, KCNJ8, KCNQ1, KLHL3, LAMA4, LAMP2, LDB3, LMNA, MYBPC3, MYH6, MYH7, MYL2, MYL3, MYLK2, MYOT, MYOZ2, MYPN, NEXN, NOS1AP, NPPA, OBSCN, PKP2, PLN, PRKAG2, RANGRF, RBM20, RYR2, SCN1B, SCN2B, SCN3B, SCN4B, SCN5A, SCO2, SGCA, SGCB, SGCD, SGCG, SLC25A20, SLC25A4, SNTA1, SYNE1, TAZ, TCAP, TGFB3, TMEM43, TMPO, TNNC1, TNNI3, TNNT2, TPM1, TRDN, TRPM4, TTN, TTR, and VCL
Test Code: 3021
• Molecular confirmation of a clinical diagnosis of cardiac arrythmia in symptomatic patients.
• Carrier testing in asymptomatic family members of an affected proband.
Test Info Sheet: Arryhthmias Panel
Requisition: Cardiac Test Requisition Form
- Turn-Around Time: 4 Weeks
Preferred Specimen: 3-5 mL Whole Blood – Lavender Top Tube
Other Specimens: See details here
- CPT Codes: 81403×2, 81404×7, 81405×19, 81406×17, 81407×4, 81408×2, 81479×50
Pricing: Please contact us at (949) 916-8886 or email@example.com
- Methodology: Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Comprehensive Cardiomyopathy Panel
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Panel
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Panel
Atrial Fibrillation Panel