Parkinson Alzheimer Dementia Panel
- Dementia describes a set of symptoms that may include memory loss as well as difficulties with thinking, problem-solving or language. Dementia can also change a person’s mood or behavior and affect their day to day life. Dementia is caused when the brain is damaged by diseases such as Alzheimer’s, a stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and many more. Symptoms include difficulty concentrating, planning, organizing, following a conversation, or recalling memories (1). Several genes have been associated with the development of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Mutations in these genes account for 1 in 1,000 cases of early onset Alzheimer’s disease, and the prevalence varies in late onset development of the disease (2). There is currently no cure for dementia and research for drugs, vaccines, and other medical treatments is ongoing. Genetic testing is recommended as it might help the patient understand the disease better and plan for the future.
- Genes (61): A2M, AAAS, ACE, ALS2, ANG, APOE, APP, ARHGEF28, ATP13A2, ATP1A3, C9orf72, CDH13, CHMP2B, CSF1R, DCTN1, DNMT1, EIF4G1, FBXO7, FIG4, FUS, GBA, GCH1, GRN, HNRNPA1, HNRNPA2B1, HTRA2, ITM2B, LRRK2, MAPT, MPO, NOTCH3, OPTN, PARK2, PARK7, PFN1, PINK1, PLA2G6, POLG, PRKRA, PRNP, PSEN1, PSEN2, SETX, SLC6A3, SNCA, SNCB, SOD1, SORL1, SQSTM1, TAF1, TARDBP, TBK1, TH, TREM2, TRPM7, TYROBP, UBQLN2, UCHL1, VAPB, VCP, and VPS35
Test Code: 5085
• Molecular confirmation of a clinical diagnosis in symptomatic patients.
• Assessment for at-risk family members
Test Info Sheet: Parkinson Alzheimer Dementia Panel
Requisition: Contact ApolloGen Diagnostic Laboratory
- Turn-Around Time: 4 Weeks
Preferred Specimen: 3-5 mL Whole Blood – Lavender Top Tube
Other Specimens: See details here
- CPT Codes: 81401×1, 81403×1, 81404×1, 81405×4, 81406×12, 81408×1, 81479×41
Pricing: Please contact us at (949) 916-8886 or email@example.com
- Methodology: Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Intellectual Disabilities Panel